Your Privacy Matters to Us
Who we are
10 Minute Accounts is an entity owned and operated by Vibaweb Ltd., a limited company registered in England and Wales (registration number 08335040). Our registered office is at 5 Alwyn Gardens, Chester, CH2 1LW.
In this privacy statement references to “we”, “us” and “our” relate to 10 Minute Accounts. References to “our Website” or “the Website” relate to 10minuteaccounts.com
How we collect information
We will collect information from you if you:
- register to use our website; this will include your name and email address. We may ask you to provide additional information about your business and preferences on a voluntary basis;
- provide additional voluntary information about your business and financial activities. This information may be needed for us to provide you with services via our website.
- complete online forms, write reviews, take part in surveys, write posts on any message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or which we offer to you from time to time
- contact us offline for example by telephone, fax, email or post.
We also collect information about your visit to our website or use of our products or services using cookies or similar technologies
What we use your information for
- We will use your information to provide any information and services that you have requested or any products that you have ordered. We may also contact you for feedback on your use of our products, services or our website. We may use your information for marketing purposes as described in paragraph 5 below. We may also use and analyse the information that we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our website and the products and services we offer.
Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- our suppliers, business partners and group companies from time to time so they can provide you with any information, products or services that you have requested. We may also share your information with our business partners for marketing purposes as described under Marketing below.
- third parties which supply services to us or which process information on our behalf (for example, payment providers and website hosts where relevant). These third parties may have incidental access to your information, but we will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
- another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets.
- another organisation to whom we transfer our agreement with you.
We may pass collective information about the use of our website or our products or services to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
We will disclose your information if we are required to by law. We may disclose your information to enforcement authorities if they ask us to, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so without breaching data protection laws.
We may use your information to contact you with details about our products and services which may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with our parent company, business partners and other carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) can contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post or email. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You may also request at any time that we do not share your information with any of the third parties referred to in this paragraph. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by setting your contact preferences on our Website
Cookies and Traffic Data
We use the following cookies on this website:
Session cookies – These are temporary cookies which we use on our websites and in some of our products or services to identify you, for example when you log in. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service. We may also use session cookies and similar technologies in our products or services from time to time where this enables us to offer you certain features of the product or service or where it may help us to improve the product or service.
Persistent cookies – Persistent cookies enable our website, product or service to remember your preferences on our website. Persistent cookies will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session in the product or service.
Web analytics cookies and similar technologies – Our website, products and services use several web analytics cookies and services. Web analytics cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how they move around the website, product or service. This helps us make our service to you better.
How to disable cookies
You may be able to configure your browser to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish. However please note that this may prevent certain parts of our website, products or services, from working – you may not be able to log in to your account, for example. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete or reject cookies, see the Internet Advertising Bureau website www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you would like to update your records or see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can contact us at our Registered Office address above. If you request a copy of your information you will need to pay the applicable statutory fee.
Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage. Unfortunately, the internet is not always secure therefore, although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our website or other products and services via an internet or similar connection and any transmission will be at your own risk. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our website, product or service please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
Transfers outside of Europe
Personal data in the European Union is protected by data protection laws but other countries do not necessarily protect your personal data in the same way. Our website and its data are hosted in the United Kingdom; however if you access our website, products or services from elsewhere, this means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website, product or service to you at your location. When you send an email to us, this will be stored on our email servers which are hosted in the United States. We have taken steps to ensure that our hosting provider uses the necessary level of protection for your information but if you do not want your information to be transferred outside the EEA you should not use our website, product or service or contact us via email.
If you follow a link from our website, product or service to another site or service, this policy will no longer apply. We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy policies appearing on those sites or services.
If you would like further information about data protection please visit the Information Commissioner’s site at www.ico.gov.uk